The Chief Bibliographer for the Humanities reports to the Associate Dean and is one of three chief bibliographers whose goal is to build and improve the qualithy of the library's print and digital general collections. The Chief Bibliographer for the Humanities is responsible for the largest number of general and endowed funds designated for humanities disciplines; selects materials using those funds; and works with domestic and foreign approval plans that auto-ship materials. He is responsible for the selection of rare books and maintains collection development policies.
He provides assistance to researchers pertaining to humanities collections and serves as a general communication link between the library and academic departments to which he is assigned through the library's liaison program. He serves as a resource to assist other librarians engaged in gthe library's instruction, outreach, and scholarly communication efforts.
Degrees & Professional Certifications
- MS, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MA, MPhil, PhD, History, Columbia University
- AB, University of Chicago
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Chair, ABC-CLIO Online History Award (ALA/RUSA)
- Member of Recruitment to the Profession Committee, WESS/ACRL
Research interests include the social and cultural experience of the modern American city and the history of humanities computing.