The Howard-Tilton Memorial Library supports, promotes, and enriches the teaching and research mission of Tulane University. We enable the discovery, dissemination, and preservation of academic information resources. Our spaces bring together students, scholars, and intellectual resources from across all programs to broaden and deepen intellectual life at Tulane. Our staff provide services to assist Tulane community members in discovering resources that inform and inspire their work. With complementary campus partners, we leverage our collections to help spark imaginations, and we steward our resources to ensure the preservation of cultural memory, particularly the unique culture of Tulane and New Orleans in all of its expressions.
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library is a core institutional asset for Tulane University. Independent from any particular school, we serve as a hub for cross-campus connections at all levels. We bring together learners, scholars, and teachers by offering vital and unique intellectual resources, essential expertise, and welcoming spaces in which to find knowledge and fuel fresh insights and understanding.
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library supports the American Library Association’s Core Values of Librarianship , and embraces the following principles:
- We are committed to reducing barriers to information and to improving access for our users.
- We strive to offer safe and inclusive spaces that foster an open and accepting learning community.
- We respect a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and modes of inquiry.
- We acknowledge multiple and intersecting identities and strive to reflect that diversity in resources and services that support the entirety of our community.
- We support wellness as it encourages creativity, learning, and academic success.
- We defend the right to privacy and support intellectual freedom.