The Learning Commons on the 1st floor is equipped with both PCs and Macs, and a large screen display for group presentation practice and collaborative work. More computers can be found in the elevator lobby of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th floors. The computers are equipped with the following software:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer
- PCs have statistical software: SAS, SPSS (formerly called PASW), Matlab 7.10
Macs have :
- video and audio production software: Final Cut Express , Audacity , VLC, iMovie, Adobe Audition
- statistical and mathematical software: SPSS 22 and Mathematica 10
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 (Acrobat Pro,Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office 2011(Word,Excel, PowerPoint)
- Safari web browser, Keynote, Numbers, Pages
To use these computers, you must be a Tulane affiliate with a valid login and password (your Tulane email username and password). For more information on using computers at the library, please review the Computer Use Policy.
A number of computers equipped with internet access and the Microsoft office suite available to guests are located on the 1st floor in the lobby and in the 2nd and 3rd floor book stacks areas.
Guests may access the non-login computers for academic research only. Use of library computers by guests for non-academic purposes (i.e. recreation) is expressly prohibited, and guests may be asked to verify that they are using a computer for academic research purposes only. Tulane students, faculty and staff have priority over guests in cases where an insufficient number of computers are available in the library. We reserve the right to limit the amount of time that a guest may occupy a computer; normally this should not exceed two hours per day.