Below you'll find links selected for your campus to a few of the helpful services offered at the library. As always, if we can assist you in any way, please contact the Information and Reference Desk at Howard-Tilton Memorial Library: (504) 865-5606 or e-mail us for assistance.
During the course of this academic year, we will work with you to provide the services you need. Updates and changes will be posted on this site.
Setting-up E-Res or E-reserves:
If you would like to provide your students with online access to digitized reserve materials, go to the 'Welcome to E-res at Tulane University' site, selecting: "Faculty Guidelines for E-res" which will give you information on how to prepare your materials for submission and how students gain access to the password-protected materials, among others.
Setting-up a Library instruction session
You may want to arrange to have a library instruction session for your students set-up with a librarian and integrated into the course which they are taking. The session could be on using the online catalog, on using the digital resources of the Library or could be tailored to a specific course assignment your students are working on. Please email us for further information.
In addition, if you are visiting the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, you may want to attend one of the walk-in research workshops offered at CLUE (Center for Library User Education) located on the 3rd floor of our building.
Other Library services for Faculty
In addition, there are many other Library services for faculty you may want to use:
- Interlibrary Loan Request. ILL requested books are delivered to your campus by courier a few times a week.
- Request a book in the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library collection (also delivered by courier).
- In-process request - If the library catalog item status states, "In-Process", use this form to expedite the retrieval of the item
- Suggest a purchase - Have ideas for our collection? Let us know.
- Change of address (applies to any user of the Tulane Libraries)