Faculty Study Information
- Applications for new faculty studies can be made by submitting the Faculty Study Application Form online. Available studies are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All faculty studies must be renewed on an annual basis. The deadline to renew for 2016-17 is October 30. If you are currently assigned a study you must fill out the Faculty Study Application Form for renewal before the deadline. You will be able to retain your current study if you renew by the deadline.
- All full-time tenure track and emeritus faculty on the Uptown campus, except those faculty members associated with the Law, Business and Medical Schools, are eligible for faculty studies in the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library. See below for Post-Doctoral Faculty availability.
- Faculty studies are meant primarily for research and scholarship. The studies are not to be used to hold office hours or for storage. Using the study simply for storing books or other materials is not considered an appropriate use. Faculty studies should not be considered personal offices or "belonging" to the faculty member.
- There is regularly a waiting list for faculty studies. In order to meet this demand, we may ask faculty members to share studies. If you are asked to share your study, please be respectful of other faculty research needs. Faculty should work independently to set up schedules to share the study. If you know someone you would like to share a study with, please make a note on the application. Both faculty must submit an application.
- If you would like to request a study in the Latin American Library (LAL), please indicate so on the application form.
- If you are relinquishing your study please remove all personal items from the study and return the key to the Administrative Office. Personal items left in the study will be removed and held by the Administrative Office and held for thirty (30) days. Any keys not returned, unreported damage to the carrels or excessive trash will be charged to the faculty member.