Renew Borrowing Books bring back more time
Books may be renewed online or in person at the Circulation Desk if the item is not overdue or has not been requested by another patron.
Books may not be renewed over the phone or via email.
To renew online:
- Go to the Login link in the top right of all library.tulane.edu pages.
Choose account type
- Library Account for current Tulane students, faculty, and staff.
- Guest Account for guests with borrowing cards.
- Library Account uses your Tulane username and password.
- Guest Account uses your barcode, last name, and PIN. If you do not have a PIN, contact the library circulation department at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the library Check-Out Desk with a picture ID.
- Go to My Account, select the items to renew, and click Renew Selected (in Library Account) or Request Renewal (in Guest Account).
Patrons are limited to 3 consecutive renewals per book. High school students with borrowing privileges are not allowed to renew.
Please don't borrow a book on your library card for another person. You will be held responsible for any overdue or lost book charges.
When the library is open, a book may be returned to the book drops located just inside the entrance to the building. If you require a receipt, return the item at the Check-Out Desk personally. Reserve books must be returned to the Check-Out Desk.
When the library is closed, a book depository is available to the right of the main entrance for your convenience. However, Reserve books are still subject to fines if not returned to the Check-Out Desk.
Do not return a checked-out book to the shelf or place it on a book truck. Books are subject to fines for any delay involved in their return to the Check-Out Desk.