Visitors are welcome to use the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Special Collections, The Latin American Library, and coordinate libraries.
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library is located at 7001 Freret Street in the historic Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Public Access Policy
- Driving Directions
- Parking Information
- Public Transportation
- Computer Policy
- Library & Building Policies
- Wireless Access
- Subscriber Cards for Check Out Privileges
- OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- Tulane's Visiting Scholars and Artists Policy
Are you looking for one of our special collections?The Latin American Library is located on the 4th floor of Howard-Tilton Memorial Library.
The Architecture Library is located in Richardson Memorial Hall.
The rest of Special Collections can be found in Jones Hall at 6801 Freret Street, next to Howard-Tilton Memorial Library.
- Hogan Jazz Archive, Jones Hall, 3rd floor
- Louisiana Research Collection (LaRC), Jones Hall, Schiro Reading Room, 2nd floor
- Rare Books, Jones Hall, Schiro Reading Room, 2nd floor
- Southeastern Architectural Archive (SEAA), Jones Hall, 3rd floor
- University Archives, Jones Hall, Schiro Reading Room, 2nd floor
The Schiro Reading Room, which serves the Louisiana Research Collection, Rare Books, and University Archives, has a self-service overhead digital scanner with the option of a cradle (for books) or flat surface (for documents). Scans may either be saved to a USB drive or e-mailed directly from the scanner. Emailing works only with a limited number of small files, so researchers should bring their own USB drive.
Are you looking for one of the coordinate libraries?
- Amistad Research Center, Tilton Hall
- Koch Library of Botany, Stanley Thomas Hall, 4th floor
- Law Library, Weinmann Hall, 3rd floor
- Matas Library of the Health Sciences, downtown, 1430 Tulane Avenue
- Math Library, Gibson Hall, 4th floor
- Newcomb Archives & Vorhoff Library Special Collections, Caroline Richardson Building
- Turchin Business Library, Goldring/Woldenberg Hall I, 3rd floor