- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only articles containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyright-protected work has been posted without authorization by any of our journals or to report copyright infringement on Tulane websites, please notify: Hunter Ely, Tulane University Information Security Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hunter Ely is the agent designated under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, P.L. 105-304.