Through welcoming spaces, expert staff, and a broad array of services and resources, Tulane University Libraries support and enrich the teaching, research, and outreach missions of Tulane University. Crossing borders both disciplinary and geographic, we help convene a community of teachers and learners for the conversations that lie at the heart of a great research university.
Inspiring inquiry, enabling creativity, enriching minds.
Tulane University Libraries embrace and embody the following values:
- Reducing barriers to information and improving access for all users.
- Respecting a broad array of ideas, perspectives, and modes of inquiry.
- Encouraging innovation, embracing partnerships, and enabling dialog.
- Honoring and preserving cultural memory, particularly the unique culture of New Orleans, in all of its expressions.
- Stewarding resources in culturally sensitive, accessible ways.
- Committing ourselves to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our leadership and professional practice.
- Creating inclusive spaces that foster an open and accepting learning community.
- Defending privacy rights and intellectual freedom.
- Supporting our staff to grow and thrive in a rapidly changing, highly dynamic environment.
- Approaching our work with humanity, empathy, and humility.