Use Interlibrary Loan to request:
- Print books that are not available at Tulane (whether not in collections or checked out)
- Scans of single articles and book chapters not available in full-text online
- Microfilm and other materials from the Center for Research Libraries
WorldCat allows you to search libraries around the world, including Tulane's. It's the best database to discover print materials that we don't have, which you can then request through Interlibrary Loan.
There are two different versions of Worldcat:
- WorldCat FirstSearch (requires access to Tulane network)
- WorldCat Discovery (open access)
Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
Tulane is a member of the Center for Research Libraries (CRL), which has strong Latin American collections.
Tulane researchers can borrow CRL newspapers, serials, dissertations and other rare materials via Interlibrary Loan.
There are two forms of borrowing:
- physical item (usually microfilm)
- digitization on demand
Email LAL@tulane.edu for assistance.