Teaching brings The Latin American Library (LAL) to life. A centerpiece of the LAL mission is to support student research and learning.
Write to LAL@tulane.edu to set up an in-person or online instructional collaboration. Let us know your teaching needs and learning objectives and our librarians will work with you to design an engaging, dynamic session for your students. Click here for sample lesson plans and activities
The LAL Teaching Philosophy
- Active, hands-on learning
- Creative, flexible, and critical thinking
- Welcoming environment for all students
- Close collaboration among faculty and librarians
- Unique instructional design to meet each class's objectives
- Equitable access to instructional materials
What can I do with LAL instruction?
The most popular instruction sessions are geared at:
- Developing a research topic
- Gathering sources
- Accessing and using The Latin American Library Special Collections
- Student digital research projects
- "Embedding" a librarian in your course for multiple sessions
Request Teaching Materials
Email LAL@tulane.edu to request a print or e-book purchase for your course, or for help facilitating student access to course materials.
Our librarians will do their best to accommodate your requests!