Tulane University Libraries (TUL) expands Media Services' Creative Technology Lending Collection (CLTC)
Tulane University Libraries (TUL) are excited to announce the addition of the Creative Technology Lending Collection (CLTC) to Media Services. The CTLC is designed to enable all students, staff, and faculty to engage with new technologies and avenues to share their creative and scholarly work. Developed with first-time users in mind, most equipment is plug-and-play with a low learning curve.
Items in the CTLC include:
- GoPro Hero 7 camera with basic accessories
- Podcasting kit/Recording kit
- Snowball microphone
- Garmin handheld eTrex X30 GPS with Compass
- Aaxa P2-A Smart Pico Projector
To borrow this equipment, members of the Tulane community simply need to bring their Splash Card to the 6th floor Service Desk in Howard-Tilton Memorial Library. User guides and tutorial videos on how to set up and use all the equipment is available on the Creative Technology Lending Collection Guide.
The guide additionally provides:
- Resources for quickly learning basic operations and how to apply them to projects
- Related resources and services offered through Tulane University Libraries
- Related resources across the Tulane campus
- Resources for stock sounds and images
- Workshop information
Several workshops supporting items in the Creative Technology Lending Collection are already on the calendar for the Fall semester, such as Introduction to Podcasting for Faculty and Graduate Students on September 1 and Introduction to Podcasting on September 8 for undergraduates; more will follow in the Spring. The workshop page of the guide above will include workshop descriptions and registration as they become available.