Library Search (library.search.tulane.edu) is a discovery tool that pulls many library resources into one single search. You can use it to find items in the library’s physical book and archival collections, as well as digital resources including:
- Books and eBooks from:
- the TUL catalog
- a wide range of eBook databases
- Articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers, including articles from:
- Over one hundred EBSCO databases
- Web of Science (and other Web of Knowledge databases)
- Project MUSE
- NewsBank databases
- and many more!
- Online encyclopedias and dictionaries from a variety of academic publishers:
What's not included
For a number of reasons, Library Search does not include everything in the Library's collections. Some databases with limited user access (e.g. Naxos Music Library) are not included and should be searched directly.
Content that is not included in Library Search:
- Many archival and primary resource collections, (although more are being added all the time)
- Many image, audio and film resources
- Other discipline-specific databases, such as Compendex and Kubikat
- Many market research databases
If you want to find the best information on your research topic, you should also search discipline-specific databases, or ask the Library.