Faculty may place items in the library collection or in their personal collections on media reserve. Placing sound and visual recordings on media reserves ensures your students will have access to recommended and required course viewing throughout the semester. Media items stay on course reserve for the entire semester.
Faculty may select one of the following loan durations:
- 2, 3, 4, or 5 hours – must be viewed within the library
- 1 or 3 days
To facilitate in-class screenings, arrangements can be made to allow faculty members to take reserve media items out of the library for longer periods.
Due to copyright and additional restrictions imposed by the Digital Millennium Act, we are unable to digitize DVDs for integration in your Canvas account at this time.
To complete your media reserves request:
- Fill out the fields below (semester needed, instructor's name, instructor's email)
- Open the reserves worksheet by clicking on the link under the Course Reserves Sheet heading
- Complete both sections of the workbook: Instructor Information and Course Reserves and save the file to your computer.
- Upload the completed worksheet by clicking the Browse button, selecting the appropriate file, clicking the Open button, and then clicking the Upload button
- To complete the request, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page
- If you need to add another film to the same course, please re-upload the same Excel file with the updated information. Please do not create 1 workbook per title.
If you need additional guidance, you may refer to the instruction document linked below or contact email@example.com.